tour search thai    

Thailand
, , , , , , , , ,

Central
Bangkok
Ang Thong
Ayutthaya
Chachoengsao
Chai Nat
Kanchanaburi
Lop Buri
Nakhon Nayok
Nakhon Pathom
Nonthaburi
Pathum Thani
Phetchaburi
Prachinburi
Prachuap Khiri Khan
Ratchaburi
Samut Prakan
Samut Sakhon
Samut Songkhram
Saraburi
Sing Buri
Suphan Buri


North
Chiangmai
ChaiangRai
Maehongson
Kamphaeng Phet
Lampang
Lamphun
Nakhon Sawan
Nan
Phrae
Phayao
Phetchabun
Phichit
Phitsanulok
Sukhothai
Tak
Uthai Thani
Uttaradit

South
Chumphon
Krabi
Nakhon Si Thammarat
Narathiwat
Pattani
Phang Nga
Phatthalung
Phuket
Ranong
Satun
Songkhla
Surat Thani
Trang
Yala

EAST
Chanthaburi
Chon Buri
Rayong
Trat
Pattaya

North East
Amnat Charoen
Buri Ram
Chaiyaphum
Kalasin
Khon Kaen
Loei
Maha Sarakham
Mukdahan
Nakhon Phanom
Nakhon Ratchasima
Nong Bua Lamphu
Nong Khai
Roi Et
Sakon Nakhon
Sisaket
Surin
Ubon Ratchathani
Udon Thani,
Yasothon

 


จองโรงแรม ทั่วโลก

Untitled Document
:: General Information


   Found in the 13th century, Sukhothai (literally means Dawn of Happiness) was the first truly independent Thai Kingdom, which enjoyed a golden age under King Ramkhamhaeng, credited with creating the Thai alphabet. The superb temples and monuments of this great city have been lovingly restored in Sukhothai Historical Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-see for all travellers.

   Sukhothai is located on the lower edge of the northern region, 427 kilometres north of Bangkok or some 298 kilometres south of Chiang Mai. The province covers some 6,596 square kilometres and is divided into 9 Amphoes: Muang Sukhothai, Ban Dan Lan Hoi, Khiri Mat, Kong Krailat, Sawankhalok, Si Nakhon, Si Samrong, Si Satchanalai and Thung Saliam.

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND

   Sukhothai was the first kingdom of the Thais in this peninsula. Two princes-Pho Khun Pha Muang and Pho Khun Bang Klang Hao combined their forces and fought the Khmers who commanded an extensive empire throughout this part of the world.

  They drove the Khmers out of Sukhothai, a major frontier post of the Khmer Empire, and established it as their capital in 1238. Pho Khun Bang Klang Hao, urged by the people to be king, was enthroned with the royal title of Pho Khun Si Indrathit.

   King Si Indrathit had two sons-Pho Khun Ban Mueang and Pho Khun Ramkhamhaeng. After his death, Pho Khun Ban Mueang succeeded him. His brother, Pho Khun Ramkhamhaeng, ascended the throne in 1278 and reigned for forty years. He was Thailand's first great king.

   One of Thailand's finest warriors, King Ramkhamhaeng made Sukhothai a powerful and extensive kingdom which included many parts of what are today neighbouring countries. A number of ancient cities paid him tribute.
King Ramkhamhaeng opened direct political relations with China and made two trips to China - the first in 1282 to visit Emperor Kublai Khan and the second in 1300 after Kublai Khans death.

   From the second visit, he brought back Chinese artisans who taught the Thais the art of pottery. Today, the old Sangkhalok Potteries are eagerly sought by collectors.

   A major achievement of King Ramkhamhaeng was the revision of various forms of Khmer alphabets into a system suitable for the writing of Thai words. The alphabet that he invented in 1283 was essentially the same as that in use today.
During his reign, there was prosperity and happiness. There was water in the paddy-fields and fish in the water.

   A stone inscription reads in part, This Muang Sukhothai is good. In the water there are fish; in the field there is rice. The ruler does not levy a tax on the people who travel along the road together, leading their oxen on the way to trade and riding their horses on the way to sell. Whoever wants to trade in elephants, so trades. Whoever wants to trade in horses, so trades. Whoever wants to trade in silver and gold, so trades.

   King Ramkhamhaeng also promoted religion and culture, and through his efforts, Buddhism progressed among the people. Inspirational faith gave birth to classic forms of Thai religious arts. Images of the Lord Buddha sculptured during the Sukhothai Era are cultural treasures which impart a feeling of peace and serenity.

   A total of eight kings ruled Sukhothai. The gradual decline of Sukhothai occurred during the reigns of the last two kings. The end of this first Thai kingdom occurred in 1365 when it became a vassal state of Ayutthaya, a young and rising power to the south. Ayutthaya became the capital of Thailand before Thon Buri and Bangkok.

 

:: Festivals
Loi Krathong and Candle Festival
Sukhothais Loi Krathong is held annually on the full moon night of the 12th lunar month at the Sukhothai Historical Park. Activities during the festival include krathong floating, a fireworks display, and local games and performances amid the glamorous atmosphere of the Sukhothai Historical Park.
Si Satchanalai Ordination Celebration
Called by Thais as Buat Chang Hat Siao, this local event is held annually during 7-8 April at Ban Hat Siao, Amphoe Si Satchanalai. It features a spectacular procession of ordination candidates in colourful costumes on the backs of some 20-30 decorated elephants. The ceremony has been arranged by Thai Phuan, the citizens of Ban Hat Siao for more than 150 years.
Songkran Festival

This is an annual celebration of the Thai New Year, 13 April. The festival was mentioned in the famous stone inscription believed to be inscribed during the reign of King Ramkhamhaeng the Great of the Sukhothai Kingdom.

 

:: Local Products

Fried Peanuts


Fried peanuts of Si Samrong district, also called 200-year fried peanuts are a tribute to a technique which has been inherited for many generations.

Hat Siao Fabric


Hat Siao is a village in Si Satchanalai disrict. It is famous for handwoven cloth. Hat Siao fabric comes with an embossed-end, done by people who are the descendants of Thai Phuan who migrated from Laos. The fabric is available in many shops in Si Satchanalai.

Sangkhalok Ceramics


Sangkhalok ceramics are best bought newly made since they are as beautiful as the original.

Thung Luang Terra Cotta


Gold and Silver Ornaments

Ancient-looking gold and silver products of Si Satchanalai district are entirely hand-made by distinguished skilled workers.


Attractions

:: Amphoe Khiri Mat

Ramkhamhaeng National Park
(Khao Luang Sukhothai)
 

This exquisite national park with a combined natural and historical background covers an area of 341 square kilometres, and was declared to be a national park on October 27, 1980.

High hills and steep cliffs some over 1,200 metres above sea level, together with fascinating falls, different species to plants and wildlife are some of the major attractions available in this park offered to nature loving tourists or visitors. Furthermore, the archaeological and historical sites with ancient remains and relics make the park even more attractive, especially for critics and theologians.

To reach the park by road, take Highway No.1 from Bangkok, then at km.414 (20 kilometres to Sukhothai) take the left turn along the laterite road for another 16 kilometres till arriving at the parks office. For accommodation, reservations for bungalows and tents can be made through the National Park Section, the Royal Forest Department by Tel: 0 2562 0760 or P.O.Box 1 Amphoe Khiri Mat, Sukhothai 64160 www.dnp.go.th

Visitors have to start trekking before 3.30 a.m. everyday and bring food and essential equipment with them. Bungalows and tents are available. Admission is 200 baht per person.

:: Amphoe Mueang

Fish Museum


This is located in the Rama IV Park on the Sukhothai Phitsanulok route and can be reached by local bus from town. The museum displays a variety of fresh water fish mentioned in Thai literature. It is open daily except Tuesdays from 9 a.m. 5 p.m. There is no admission fee.

Phra Mae Ya Shrine


This shrine is situated in front of the City Hall and is highly respected by Sukhothai residents. It houses an idol of Phra Mae Ya, a stone figure with a white face and long hair, and dressed as an ancient queen. The idol is about 1 metre high and is supposed to have been built during King Ramkhamhaeng's reign as a dedication to his late mother Nang Sueang.

Sangkhalok Museum

Sangkhalok is the name of ceramic wares produced in the old city of Sukhothai. The museum displays the collection of Sangkhalok and ceramic wares produced some 700 years ago in the Lanna Kingdom (now the northern region of Thailand). The museum is just one kilometre from town on the road to Phitsanulok.

It is open daily from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is 100 baht for adults and 20 baht for children.

Sukhothai Historical Park


This is located 12 kilometres from town on the Sukhothai-Tak Highway and can be reached by local bus or hired motored tricycle from town. The park is open daily from 8.30 a.m.- 4.30 p.m. Admission is 40 baht. The park also offers tram services as well as bicycles for rent for exploring around its large area. The Tourist Service Centre in the park (Tel: 0 5569 7527, 0 5569 7310) provides information, as well as displays models of historical buildings and structures in old Sukhothai.

Ruins of the royal palaces, Buddhist temples, the city gates, walls, moats, dams, ditches, ponds, canals, and the water dyke control system, which was the magical and spiritual centre of the kingdom, are now preserved and have been restored by the Fine Arts Department with the cooperation of UNESCO, not only with a view of fostering Thailand's national identity but of safeguarding a fine example of mankinds cultural heritage.

Places of interest in Sukhothai Historical Park are as follows:-

Inside the city wall

The city wall is located in the centre of the historical park and surrounded by earthen ramparts. The city has a rectangular shape with 1,300 metres width and 1,800 metres long. The walls contain four main gates. A stone inscription mentions that King Ramkhamhaeng set up a bell at one of the gates. If his subjects needed help, they would ring the bell and the King would come out to settle disputes and dispense justice.

Inside the town stand 35 monuments including Buddhist temples and many other structures.

The Royal Palace and Wat Mahathat
The royal palace lies in the centre of the town and covers an area of 160,000 square metres. This area is surrounded by a moat and contains two main compounds; the royal building and the sanctuary in the palace. In the royal compound exist the ruins of the royal building called Noen Phrasat.
Here, the famous stone inscription of King Ramkhamhaeng was found by King Mongkut (Rama IV) in the 19th century together with a piece of the stone throne called Manangkhasila-at. King Ramhamhaeng set up the throne in the midst of a sugar-palm grove where, at his request, a monk preached on Buddhist Sabbath days and the King conducted the affairs of state on other days. This throne was later installed in Bangkoks Temple of the Emerald Buddha.

A sanctuary lying to the west behind the Royal Palace compound is Wat Mahathat. It is Sukhothais largest temple with a customary main chedi in lotus-bud shape and a ruined viharn. At the base of the chedi stands Buddhist disciples in adoration, and on the pedestal are seated Buddha images. In front of this reliquary is a large viharn formerly containing a remarkable seated bronze Buddha image of the Sukhothai style, which was cast and installed by King Lithai of Sukhothai in 1362. At the end of the 18th century, the image was removed to the Viharn Luang of Wat Suthat in Bangkok by the order of King Rama I and has since been named Phra Si Sakaya Muni. In front of the large viharn is another smaller viharn which was probably built during the Ayutthaya period. Its main Buddha image (8 metres high) was installed inside a separate building. In front of the southern image, a piece of sculpture called Khom Dam Din (a Khmer who came by way of walking underground) was found, and is now kept in the Mae Ya Shrine near the Sukhothai City Hall. On the south stands a pedestal of a large chedi built up in steps, the lowest platform is adorned with beautiful stucco figures of demons, elephants and lions with angles riding on their backs. Mural painting adorns this chedi.

King Ramkhamhaeng Monument
Situated to the north of Wat Mahathat, the bronze statue of King Ramkhamhaeng sits on a throne with bas-relief at the base depicting the Kings life.

Wat Si Sawai
Situated among magnificent scenery southwest of Wat Mahathat is Wat Si Sawai. Three prangs (pagodas) are surrounded by a laterite wall. Inside the wall, the viharn in the west, built of laterite, is separated from the main prang which was constructed in the Lop Buri or Hindu-style, but the other also constructed beside the prangs are Buddhist viharns. The Crown Prince of that time who later become King Rama VI found a trace of the Hindu sculpture Sayomphu, the greatest Hindu God in this sanctuary. In his opinion, this ruin was once a Hindu shrine, but was later converted into a Buddhist monastery.

Wat Traphang-Ngoen
Situated to the west of Wat Mahathat is Wat Traphang-Ngoen with its square pedestal, main sanctuary, and stucco standing Buddha image in four niches. There is a viharn in front, and in the east of the pond, there is an island with an ubosot. This edifice has already crumbled and only its pedestal and laterite columns still remain. Many monuments and magnificent scenery are visible from this location.

Wat Chana Songkhram
Situated to the north of Wat Mahathat is Wat Chana Songkhram. Its main sanctuary is a round Singhalese-style chedi. In front of the chedi exists the base of a viharn and behind the former stands an ubosot. Bases of twelve small chedis are also visible. Near Charot Withithong Road is a strange chedi having three bases, one on top of the other.

Wat Sa-Si
Situated near Wat Chana Songkhram is Wat Sa Si. Around a Singhalese-style chedi is the main sanctuary on an island in the middle of Traphang Trakuan Pond. A large viharn contains a stucco Buddha image. To the south stands nine chedis of different sizes.

San-Ta-Pha-Daeng or Deity Shrine
Situated to the north of Wat Mahathat is San Ta Pha Daeng. This monument consists of only one laterite prang with a staircase in the front. Sandstone Hindu divine objects (Lop Buri-style) were discovered here.

Wat Mai
Situated to the north of Wat Mahathat is Wat Mai. Wat Mai, having a brick viharn as the main sanctuary, is in the Ayutthaya style. The columns of the viharn are made of laterite. A bronze image of the Buddha under a Naga (Lop Buri-style statue) was found here and is now preserved in the Ramkhamhaeng National Museum.

The Ramkhamhaeng National Museum
The Ramkhamhaeng National Museum was built in 1960 and open on 25 January, 1964. The museum collection includes gifts from the ex-abbot of Wat Ratchathani and art objects unearthed in Sukhothai and nearby provinces. It is open daily from 8.30 a.m.-3.30 p.m. Admission is 30 baht. Tel: 0 5569 7367 www.thailandmuseum.com

Wat Traphang Thong
Situated to the east of Wat Mahathat is Wat Traphang Thong. The monastery is located on an island in the middle of a large pond. A ruined laterite Singhalese-style chedi is on the island. In front of it, a new mondop contains the Lord Buddha's Footprint slab that was created by King Lithai in 1390 on Samanakut or Phra Bat Yai Hill. This footprint was removed to the new mondop some years ago. An annual fair to worship this sacred Lord Buddhas Footprint takes place at the same time as the Loi Krathong Festival.

Outside the City Wall

The Sites in the North

Wat Phra Phai Luang
This temple lies about 500 metres north of San Luang Gate (northern gate). This sanctuary, formerly a Khmer-Hindu shrine but later converted into a Buddhist monastery, is surrounded by a moat. It is second in importance to Wat Mahathat. Inside, there are three prangs like Wat Si Sawai, but the southern and the central ones have crumbled leaving only the northern one decorated with stucco figures. In front of these prangs are a viharn and a crumbled chedi; the later has a pedestal decorated with stucco seated Buddha images. A mondop contains Buddha images in four postures; sitting, reclining, standing, and walking. They are now all in ruins. A Sivalinga (Phallic emblem of Hindu gods) was unearthed in the compound of this sanctuary.

Ruins of the Old Celadon Factory (Thuriang Kiln)
Thuriang Kiln is a site where Sukhothai celadons were made. Kilns exist in an area measuring 100 by 700 metres. Each kiln is divided into three sections; the fire area, the pottery baking oven, and the flue. The pottery found here is usually decorated by three different painted designs on their bottom: a disc, a fish, and a flower. Forty-nine kilns and small edifices are visible. To the north, a pond has been dug into the stone.

Wat Si Chum
This lies about 1,500 metres north of Wat Mahathat and was originally surrounded by a moat. A square mondop which is the main sanctuary, contains a monumental stucco-over-brick Buddha image in the attitude of Subduing Mara called Phra Achana. This Buddha measures 11.30 metres from knee to knee.
The mondop is 32 metres square and 15 metres high, and the walls are 3 metres thick. There is a passageway in the left inner wall itself which leads to the above crossbeam. On the ceiling of the passageway are more than fifty engraved slate slabs illustrating Jataka scenes.

The sites in the West

Wat Saphan Hin
This is situated on a hill 200 metres high. A pathway of slate slabs leads to the sanctuary yard.

Wat Chang Rop
This is situated in the Aranyik area. A chedi is decorated with an elephant emerging from the base. A viharn base and laterite columns are in front of the Chedi.

Phra-Ruang Dam
This earthwork dam was formed to hold back water between Phra Bat Yai and Kio-Ai-Ma Hills and restored by Thailand's Irrigation Department. Water from the dam will be used as a reserve whenever the water level in other reservoirs goes down. This dam is referred to in the Sukhothai inscription.

The Site in the South

Wat Chetuphon
A mondop enshrines four Buddha images in different postures: sitting, standing, walking, and reclining. The outer walls of the mondop still retains a section in the form of a slate pillar-balustraded window. There is an entrance to the mondop to the north. Just behind the mondop is a small sanctuary which contains a Buddha image known locally as Phra Si Ariya Maitreya, the Lord Buddha of the Future.

The Sites in the East

Wat Chang Lom
Wat Chang Lom is located to the north of Charot Withithong Road with a bell-shaped chedi of Ceylonese influence standing as the centre. The chedi is situated on a 3-tiered square base with a platform decorated with a row of elephants seen by their front halves supporting the round chedi.

This type of elephant-decorated chedi is to be seen in many ancient towns of the Sukhothai period; for example, Kamphaeng Phet and Si Satchanalai.

Wat Traphang Thonglang
A square mondop is the main sanctuary. In front of the mondop to the east, is the viharn and beyond the viharn stands an ubosot. The outer wall of the mondop is beautifully decorated by stucco figures in niches. The southern side portrays the Lord Buddha flanked by angels' decending from Tavatimsa Heaven. To the west portrays the Lord Buddha preaching to his father and relatives. The northern side depicts the episode when the Lord Buddha returned to preach to his wife. These stucco figures, especially those on the south side, are masterpieces of Sukhothai art.

:: Amphoe Sawankhalok

Sawankhaworanayok National Museum


It is 38 kilometres from Sukhothai and 2 kilometres further on a road on the left. The museum was open in 1984, and features sculptural art from various periods; the most interesting being Sangkhalok crockery from the Sukhothai era and Sangkhlalok items retrieved from sunken vessels in the Gulf of Thailand. The museum is open daily except Mondays, Tuesdays, and public holidays, from 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Admission is 30 baht per person. For more information, call 0 5564 1571, 0 5564 3166

:: Amphur Si Satchanalai

Celadon Kiln Site Study and Conservation Centre

This is located at Ban Ko Noi, some 4 kilometres to the north of Si Satchanalai. More than 500 kilns have been excavated up to now. Numerous celadon wares in perfect condition as well as pot have been discovered. The kiln is oval in shape with a curved roof and is 7-8 metres wide.

The centre consists of 2 buildings situated on the kiln site area with 2 kilns No.42 and 61 exhibited on site. There are also exhibitions on artifacts and on the evolution of ancient ceramic wares. The centre is open daily from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Admission is 30 baht.

To get there, drive for 6.5 kilometres to the north of Si Satchanalai Historical Park to Ban Ko Noi where the remains of ancient kilns can be seen scattered around. The centre is also accessible by the provincial highway No.1201 from Amphur Si Satchanalai, a distance of 7 kilometres with the buildings located on the left.

Si Satchanalai Historical Park

Si Satchanalai Historical Park is located on the bank of the Yom River. It is open daily between 8.30 a.m.-4.30 p.m. Admission is 40 baht.

The ancient town, formerly called Muang Chaliang, was named Si Satchanalai during the reign of Phra Ruang when a new administrative centre was established to replace Chaliang. Ruins of 134 monuments have been discovered within the park:

Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Temple also called Phra Borommathat Muang Chaliang Temple or Phra Prang Temple, is situated 3 kilometres to the south of ancient Si Satchanalais wall. An immense laterite prang on a square base marks the centre of the temple. A steep staircase in front of the huge prang leads to a room where a reliquary is enshrined.

Khao Phanom Phloeng Temple is a hilltop temple within the old town of Si Satchanalai. A laterite chedi in the centre, a large viharn or image hall in front, and a small sanctuary behind all lie in ruins. Some laterite pillars and a damaged Buddhas' image constructed of laterite slabs and coated with mortar are seen.

Khao Suwan Khiri Temple is also a hilltop temple situated 200 metres away from Phanom Phloeng Hill. A huge bell-shaped chedi on a 5-tiered base marks the centre of the temple. Ruins of a viharn and chedi, and fragments of huge stucco figures lie scattered on the ground. The similarity between some figures here and those at Wat Chang Lom in the old town of Sukhothai leads to the belief that it was King Ramkhamhaeng the Great of the Sukhothai Kingdom who had this temple constructed.

Chang Lom Temple is an important monument within the old town of Si Satchanalai. A huge bell-shaped chedi supported by 39 elephants, with 4 of them at 4 cardinal points elaborately decorated, marks the centre of the temple. Above the chedis base, there are niches enshrining images of the Buddha subduing Mara.

Chedi Chet Thaeo Temple is one of the most beautiful temples in Sukhothai Province. Chedis of different artistic styles and influence were built within the area of this temple. Mural paintings, seriously damaged, are still to be seen in some chedis.

Suan Kaeo Utthayan Yai Temple is located near Wat Chedi Chet Thaeo with only a dirt road in between. A large image hall lies in remains within this temple. The monastery is also called Wat Kao Hong or the 9 roomed temple.

Nang Phaya Temple is famous for its delicate stucco reliefs on the remains of the northwestern wall of the 7 roomed viharn or image hall. The pillars of this viharn are decorated with unglazed ceramic designs. The central laterite chedi is surrounded by lampposts and accessible by a set of narrow stairs.

Suan Kaeo Utthayan Noi Temple is the only temple within the old town of Si Satchanalai with a brick building in front. The ruins of this temple consist of a whole laterite image hall with a laterite roof.



Si Satchanalai National Park< B>

 This was proclaimed a national park on 8 May, 1981. With a total area of 213 square kilometres in Amphoe Si Satchanalai and Amphoe Thung Saliam of Sukhothai Province, Si Satchanalai National Park offers trekking routes through waterfalls and caves. The parks geography is mainly high, undulating mountains covered by a tropical jungle. Interesting tourist spots in the park include Tat Dao and Tat Duean Waterfalls, about 3 kilometres and 500 metres from the park headquarters, respectively. The park also has a hot spring, two caves called Tham Khangkhao (bats cave), and Tham Thara Wasan.

Si Satchanalai National Park is about 100 kilometres from Sukhothai via route no. 1113 and route no. 1294 and can be reached by local bus from Amphur Si Satchanalai. The bus leaves for the park once a day and costs 30 baht. It takes 50 minutes for the journey. The park admission is 200 baht per person. There is accommodation for tourists. For reservations, please contact the National Park Section, Royal Forestry Department at Tel: 0 2562 0760 or 0 5561 9214-5 www.dnp.go.th.

Shopping

:: Amphoe Mueang

Four V

 327/1-2 Charot Withithong, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
*marble products
Tel :: 0 5561 2456, 0 5561 2978, 0 5561 2234
Website :: -
Email :: -

Kingdom of Father Ceramics


1/29 Mu 3, Tambon Mueang Kao, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai (2 kilometres before the Sukhothai Historical Park)
*ceramics
Tel :: 0 5569 7380, 0 5569 7050, 0 1886 4163
Website :: -
Email :: -

Sukhothai Cultural Centre (Nam Khang)


214 Charot Withithong Road, Tambon Mueang Kao, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
*handicrafts
Tel :: 0 5569 7022
Website :: -
Email :: -

 

:: Amphoe Si Satchanalai

Ban Thong Som Samai


343/1 Mu 5 , Tambon Tha Chai, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai
*Gold & Silver
Tel :: 0 5567 9095, 0 5567 9055, 0 5567 9097, 0 5563 1603
Fax :: 0 5563 1604
Website :: -
Email :: -

Lumtad Ancient Silver


13 Mu 3, 101 Road, Tambon Tha Chai, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5567 9068, 0 5563 1589
Website :: -
Email :: -

Pha Thong


311 Mu 3 Sawankhalok Si Satchanalai Road, Tambon Nong O, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai
*Hand-woven Fabric
Tel :: 0 5563 0203, 0 5567 1225
Website :: -
Email :: -

Roeng

406 Sawankhalok Si Satchanalai Road, Tambon Hat Siao, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5567 1129, 0 5567 2955
Website :: -
Email :: -
Sathon Gold Textiles

477 Mu 2, Tambon Hat Siao, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai

*The shop houses the Gold Textile Museum


Tel :: 0 5567 1143 Fax :: 0 5563 0058
Website :: -
Email :: -
Somsak Wongyai
4 Mu 3, Tambon Si Satchanalai, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5567 9186-7, 0 5563 1362
Website :: -
Email :: -
Suphaphon

307 Mu 10, Tambon Tha Chai, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai


Tel :: 0 5567 9122 Fax :: 0 5567 9123
Website :: -
Email :: -

Dining

:: Amphoe Mueang
 
 Amphai Photchana

242/4-6 Charot Withithong Road, Tambon Thani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*Thai & Chinese food


Tel :: 0 5561 1289, 0 5561 1807, 0 1475 7780
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Dream Caf?

86/1 Singhawat Road, Tambon Thani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*Thai, Chinese and European food


Tel :: 0 5561 1682, 0 5561 2081
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Kuai Tiao Sukhothai (Mai Klang Krung)

139 Tambon Thani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*noodle dishes


Tel :: 0 5561 2855
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Nam Khang

Sukhothai Cultural Centre, 214 Charot Withithong Road, Tambon Mueang Kao, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*Thai food


Tel :: 0 5561 7274, 0 5569 7249 Fax :: 0 5569 7583
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Sukhothai Suki Coca

Sawatdiphong Hotel, 65/2-5 Singhawat Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*Suki


Tel :: 0 5561 1567 ext.417
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Traphang Thong

Pailyn Hotel, 10/2 Charot Withithong Road, Tambon Mueang Kao, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai

*Thai, Chinese & European food


Tel :: 0 5563 3335-9
Website :: -
Email :: -
:: Amphoe Sawankhalok
 
 Ko Heng

144/1 Na Mueang Road, Beside the Yom River, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Sawankhalok, Sukhothai

*Thai & Chinese food


Tel :: 0 5564 1616
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Messy Coffee Shop

Saengsin Hotel, 2 Thetsaban Damri 3 Road, Amphoe Sawankhalok, Sukhothai

*Thai food


Tel :: 0 5564 1259
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Rai Im Em Resort

17/1 Mu 2, En route to the Sukhothai Airport, Tambon Khlong Krachong, Amphoe Sawankhalok, Sukhothai

*Thai & Chinese food


Tel :: 0 5561 3075-6, 0 5561 0898
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Viva Café

Mueang Inn Hotel, 19/1-2 Kasem Rat Road, Amphoe Sawankhalok, Sukhothai

*Thai, Chinese & European food


Tel :: 0 5564 1722
Website :: -
Email :: -

:: Amphoe Si Satchanalai
 
 Kaeng Sak

120 , Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai (At the entrance to the Si Satchanalai Historical Park)

*Thai, Chinese & European food


Tel :: 0 5564 2427
Website :: -
Email :: -
 Kulap

473 Mu 2 Si Satchanalai Sawankhalok Road, Tambon Hat Siao, Amphoe Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai

*Thai food


Tel :: 0 5563 0555, 0 5567 1151
Website :: -
Email :: -

To Stay

:: Amphoe Mueang

Ban Thai Guesthouse

38 Prawet Nakhon Road, Tambon Thani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 0163, 0 1114 4738
Website :: -
Email :: -
Chinnawat


1-3 Nikon Kasem Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 1385
Website :: -
Email :: -

Friend House


52/7 Loe Thai Road, Tambon Loe Thai, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 0172
Website :: -
Email :: -

Lotus Village


170 Ratchathani Road, Tambon Ratchathani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5562 1484 Fax :: 0 5562 1463
Website :: -
Email :: -

Number Four Guesthouse


140/4 Soi Khlong Mae Ramphan, Charot Withithong Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 0165
Website :: -
Email :: -

Pailyn


10 Mu 1 Charot Withithong Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5563 3335-9 Fax :: 0 5561 3317, Bangkok Tel :: 0 2215 7110-2 Bangkok Fax:: 0 2215 5640
Website :: -
Email :: -

Ratchathani


229 Charot Withithong Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 1031, 0 5561 1308, 0 5561 2877 Fax :: 0 5561 2878
Website :: -
Email :: -

River View


92-92/1 Nikon Kasem Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 1516, 0 5561 1656, 0 5561 3371-2 Fax :: 0 5561 3373
Website :: -
Email :: -

Ruean Thai Guesthouse


181/20 Soi Pracha Ruammit, Charot Withithong Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 2444, 0 5561 5006, 0 7196 7802 Fax :: 0 5561 2456
Website :: -
Email :: rt-guesthouse@hotmail.com

Sabaidee Guesthouse


81/7 Mu 1 Tambon Ban Kluey, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 6303, 0 9988 3589
Website :: -
Email :: sabaideehouse@yahoo.com

Sky House


58/1-7 By Pass Road, Tambon Ban Kluey, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 2237-8 Fax :: 0 5561 1212
Website :: -
Email :: -

Somprasong Guesthouse


32 Prawet Nakhon Road, Tambon Thani, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 1709
Website :: -
Email :: -

Thai Village Hotel


Sukhothai Cultural Centre, 214 Charot Withithong Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5569 7275, 0 5569 7249 Fax :: 0 5569 7583
Website :: www.thaivillagehotel.com
Email :: -

Wang Nuea


43/1 Singhawat Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 1193-4 Fax :: 0 5561 2038 Bangkok Tel :: 0 2248 7300-9
Website :: -
Email :: -

Yupha House


44/10 Soi Mekkhaphat, Prawet Nakhon Road, Amphoe Mueang, Sukhothai
Tel :: 0 5561 2578, 0 9859 2848
Website :: -
Email :: -

 

:: How To Get There

By Bus

Air-conditioned buses depart from Bangkok's Mochit 2 Bus Terminal to Sukhothai daily between 9.45 a.m. and 10.20 p.m.,frequently during the morning. The journey takes 7 hours. Call 0 2936 2852-66 or visit www.transport.co.th for more information. Private bus companies which operate daily bus services to Sukhothai are such as Win Tour (Tel: 0 2936 3753 or 0 5561 1039), Phitsanulok Yan Yon (Tel: 0 2936 2924-5, 0 5525 8647) Sukhothai Bus Terminal (Tel: 0 5561 3296)

 

By Rail

There are no trains going directly to Sukhothai. One may travel by train to Phitsanulok and then take a local bus to Sukhothai, about 59 kilometres away. Contact Bangkok Railway Station Tel. 1690, 02223 7010, 0 2223 7020 or visit www.railway.co.th for more information.

 

By Air

Bangkok Airways flies from Bangkok to Sukhothai daily for 1-hour journey. Sukhothai Airport is about 40 kilometres north of the town. For more information, call 0 2265 5678, 0 2265 5555 or 0 5564 7224-5 or visit www.bangkokair.com.

 
 

Distances from Amphoe Mueang to Other Districts

Si Samrong

Kong Krailat

Khiri Mat

Ban Dan Lan Hoi

Sawankhalok

Si Nakhon

Si Satchanalai

Thung Saliam

20

21

22

28

38

54

67

68

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

 

 

 

 

Distances from Sukhothai to Neighbouring Provinces

Phitsanulok

Kamphaeng Phet
Tak
Uttaradit
Phrae
Lampang

59

77

79

100

165

207

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

kms.

Map

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

เว็บจองโรงแรมทัวร์  เว็บหางาน เว็บโฮสติ้ง เว็บอาหาร เว็บขายโน๊ตบุ๊ค